As requested by my sweet Julie, here are some pictures of what's going on with the Dream line. This one is a little snug, the result of an experiment with sewing the garment before washing and then dying. I was pretty sure I knew what would happen, but what if it didn't? The dying turned out especially beautiful on this one. Hello! There is a rainbow right across the bust!
I've been working hard to slow down and experiment with this little project. I was described by a college professor as "temperamentally concise" and I describe myself as "a good enougher." So I've been fighting my nature and commanding myself to take my time and try things that might fail. See what will happen and figure out the best way to do each step. That way I can get to a product that I'm really proud of.
Here's an earlier test piece. I misjudged the amount of fabric that I died so this one is short. Here I tried both french and flat felled side seams and I tested out an exposed edge treatment on one of the armholes. The results on both the flat felled and exposed edge are definitely No, but I'm still glad I tried. I've been wearing this one around quite a bit with leggings in the cool mornings and then bare legs in the afternoons. Since this version I brought the neckline up a little bit. In this super drapey fabric a low neckline can be a liability.